Monday, January 19, 2009

This is really cool...

Okay, so this afternoon I got an e-mail from Ilana's mom, Clara. Now, this is really embarrassing, but I have to admit it anyway: I knew her name was Clara, but I didn't immediately connect the name in the e-mail to that bit of information in my brain (because if there's one thing I've always been it is SO BAD at remembering names quickly - faces, yes, but names, not so much). So I did a quick websearch because I knew I should know exactly who it was who had sent me this e-mail but I just couldn't remember, and immediately realized oh, yeah, Ilana's mom! But upon searching the name, I found a really interesting article she wrote about Crypto-Jews of Brazilian extraction, in particular about her own family. So fascinating! If you're interested in this topic in any measure, check out the article here.

No comments: