Thursday, August 10, 2006

The lighter side of life

Food, fun and shopping! oh yeah...

I was searching today for CSA farms (Community Supported Agriculture). They're kinda like a time share except worth it and with a farm and not a house. With some, it's like a commune where you help with the work on the farm, and others they do all the work, you just get the fresh veggies in return for your money. They have one of the latter types in the western part of Hillsborough County and it's *organic*! And only $550 a year, and you pick up your produce shares *twice* a week from September to May! Fabulous deal! Mom's calling about it tomorrow...

Later, I was shopping for direct shipping mead online, now that direct shipping to Florida is legal (yay!). I'm having a difficult time deciding on what kinds of mead I might want to get... I thought Florida orange blossom, since that's my favorite kind of honey. In my search for that, I stumbling upon a site that sells honey from farms all over the country... Lo and behold it is the same site that has listings of CSA farms that I was using earlier today. I looked around their store a bit and found that they also sell rovings from all over the country at very reasonable prices. I'm going to link this site in the right hand column of my blog. It's http://www.localharvest.org and I highly recommend checking it out!

No comments: