Sunday, November 11, 2007

An update on the "WTF?!?!?!" situation...

Got a note back from my prof as to what the issue is... This is what he has to say:

"Since you rely on this book to present briefly the views of several historians, such as Elizabeth Brown and Martin Aurell, who do not actually have essays in the book, I want to see what the book has to say about them."

That's all he said...

My annoyed face continues... For this, he can't grade my paper? Something is stinky with this situation, ladies and gentlemen.

I have gone over my paper with the above statement from my prof in mind, and this is what I've found:

These historians he named that I named (and also one other)... while they did not write articles that were presented in this book, Elanor of Aquitaine: Lord and Lady (which is a collection of academic essays), I quoted them from quotes attributed to them in this book, either from the prologue or from the article I cited, noting in the text who it was who wrote each of these things, as well as citing them properly according to Chicago standards (the style we were required to use)... That seems perfectly resonable usage to me... What's wrong with it? ... I got nothin'... ::eye rolls:: Really, now... What is this man thinking? I don't understand why that prevents him from giving my paper a grade...

2 comments:

La Duchesse said...

Humph, I say. I agree with you. Something's fishy.

RaeS said...

Yeah... I'll let you know what happens...