Friday, November 21, 2008

More Supernatural Spoilers, Ilana...

I wouldn't say a word, but I just have to.

Dear Eric Kripke:

I, and I'm sure many other fans as well, would very much appreciate it if you would consult the Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test before writing female characters ever again. I'm not kidding. Anna was terrible. I can't remember the last time I saw a more ridiculous female character on screen.

Now, please understand, I loved Jo, Ellen, Missouri, Mary, Jess, Pam, Ava and many of the other female characters who have been written for the show. I grew to see the purpose of Bela, and by the end of the season, I didn't mind her so much. Even Ruby isn't so bad, though I still don't trust her. So it's not that I hate female characters. Far from it. But Anna scored a whopping 58 on this test, which qualifies her to be killed dead. I feel like you've just wasted two episodes here on tripe and I want to know what the hell the point of that was supposed to be. I don't mean that at all in a good way.

Seriously, Kripke, please just let Sera Gamble write the show. This episode was awful, and at least last week had some redeeming moments due to Sera's genius and wit. Fifth Element, yeah, okay, I guess. But other than the resounding amazingness that is Jensen, Jared and Misha, I kind of unequivocally hated "Heaven and Hell."

Also, the Impala? Really? You needed to desecrate it for a re-enactment of Jack and Rose's love scene from Titanic like that? Really?

I do, however, like Ruby a little bit more than I did after these episodes. Just a little. And Genevieve's acting is getting better, week by week.

Signed,
Not Impressed

5 comments:

La Duchesse said...

We need more Missouri!

I read it, but since I have no idea what you're talking about... I don't think anything is spoiled. :P

RaeS said...

We really, really do. She says, "Don't be strangers," and she knew John, you'd think she'd be back, wouldn't you? She in the comic books too...

Good, good... Btw, how far have you gotten in your dvds?

La Duchesse said...

I've been obsessed since I broke down and got a PS2, so I've been so wrapped up in a game loosely based on Japanese mythology that I haven't watched very much. This weekend, though, I'll either take myself and my laptop downstairs and finish up, or do it while mom's working in her study. ;)

RaeS said...

LOL! Ah, the dangers of video game playing...

La Duchesse said...

Yup. :P