Saturday, August 22, 2009

Home and getting ready for Autumn...

I got home late last night from my very long vacation. I had never been away from home for so long before. Two whole months. It's strange to be back. Good, but strange.

There will be pictures and details of the trip just as soon as I can figure out how to transfer the photos from the laptop to the desktop. Hopefully, it will be done by the end of the weekend or certainly early next week at the latest. *crosses fingers*

Seasons are changing, whether I can feel it in the air yet or not. The garden is totally finished for the warm season. I need to get to work on it for the cool season garden, but I have a few weeks yet until it becomes imperative. My dad has given me a headstart by getting rid of all the weeds that had invaded the planting beds while we were out of town.

I'm getting ready for another school year of subbing. Not signed up for classes myself yet, but at least I've figured out what program I want to do. The Grad Certificate program at USF for Social Science Education. *nods* For sure.

I may have two cavities in two of my bottom-right molars. I've never had cavities before. Must go to the dentist. *sighs* This is what I get for not going to the dentist for 8+ years... although I think the blame truly lies with the bout of acid reflux I suffered earlier this year and last. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also, in much, much brighter news, it's almost time for more Supernatural. Based on this preview, I have a sneaky notion that this season just might kill me with its awesomeness.



Also, the gag reel from last season is out on YouTube. I lol'd a lot!



Season 4 will be out on DVD on September 1st. WOOT!!!

2 comments:

La Duchesse said...

Good luck with your studies and the new school year. ;) And with the garden!

And no death-by-Supernatural! Who else would I be able to say "I will not read spoilers" to?
Speaking of which, I *finally* finished Season 2 and thought it was amazingly awesome, so I will now be moving on to Season 3 after a lengthy delay. :P I always seem to be at least one season behind.

"Consel". Is that a con-man who gives legal counsel? I sure hope not..

RaeS said...

Thanks! :D I finally got the pictures uploaded to my desktop. I hope to be able to post some this evening.

YAY! for finishing season 2! Yes, go on to season 3. It's a shorter season with only 16 episodes because of the Writers' Strike that happened from November to March that year. And I feel I must tell you that season 3 had *a lot* of criticism from fans while it was airing (also ultimately because of the Writers' Strike), but hang in there with it if you can. It's worth it.