Thursday, July 13, 2006

Elusive painting

I got caught up in a cross-stitch pattern website that I found a little while ago. http://www.scarletquince.com/ Their patterns are gorgeous! I've never seen patterns so detailed! And they ask for suggestions for patterns if what one is looking for is not on the site already.

Well, there's a painting... I know it's out there somewhere... It's of a woman walking down a short flight of stone steps, starring straight ahead, with a jar balanced on her head, and at the bottom of the steps there is water... like a pool or something. She has dark hair and she's wearing robes. I can't really remember any other details. It's a Pre-Raphaelite painting, I think... and very similar to Leighton or Blair-Leighton or Dicksee or Waterhouse in style... I thought that it was called "Rebecca" or "Rebecca at the Well" or something like that, but I'm pretty sure that something would have come up in my searching if it was. If anyone has any clue what painting I'm talking about, I'd be most grateful for a message from you.

No comments: