Thursday, February 21, 2008

Knitting and more knitting...

I'm taking stock of what I've got going and will have going soon here...

So I've got several knitting projects planned... I've got several that are more or less half-finished and will stay that way for a good long while yet... And then, I have two that are almost finished, but aren't.

One is Wisp... which only needs the buttons added and to have the woven-in ends trimmed off, so I really should get to that.

The other is a pair of Dashing mitts for my dear friend Zinzi. Zinzi, poor darling, is in New Haven, Connecticut at Yale... getting her MS degree in Epidemiology and Microbial Disease... She is already an RN, but she wants to be a researcher, so... Yale for grad school. Zinzi is a freakin' genius and I love her to death. I was supposed to have them done for her before she left last August, but that didn't happen... then school got in the way and I was supposed to have them done by the end of January, but that didn't happen either. So I say "poor darling" because not only does she have to endure the awful New Haven winter, but she has to do it with crappy dorm heating and no mitts to keep her hands warm while she's typing out brilliant papers. I would have them done by now, but I have to rip one of them out and redo it because it's the wrong size. And the one that is the right size still needs it's thumb. *sighs* I really need to get to that in the next week or so...

What else do I have on my plate? Well, I've got the yarn for Ice Queen (the blue one there), but I need the beads... and I have the yarn for Twinkle Toes, but I can't make them for myself because I've found that while the yarn might be stretchy, but it's not going to stretch enough that this pattern will fit my feet, so they'll have to go to someone with smaller feet. Ah well, once those are done, that will be a perfect Holiday present for someone...

Stuff that won't get done anytime soon... would be socks for my mom because I can't seem to find them. And Starsky because it's something else that needs to be ripped out, I fear...

And I really want a pair of Pedicure Socks, but I need a substitute yarn because I'm allergic to Patons Classic Merino Wool... something that they use in the fiber processing or their dyes, I think... But anyway, I need a pair of these... Really, I think I dreamed I had a pair last night. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is...

What will get done as soon as I get the supplies because it needs to be finished asap: Hats for the Boys. They won't be done by the time I go to EyeCon, this much I know, because EyeCon is the first weekend in April and I haven't even gotten the roving yet. But I want to do simple knit hats... kinda like this one (except not Abercrombie & Fitch):


or this one (except without all the orange or the... are those moose?):


(Those would be "the Boys" btw.)

I'll probably end up finishing them over the summer and send them to them on the set... That's where they'll need them anyway. It's cold up there in Vancouver, yo.

2 comments:

La Duchesse said...

Those sure do look like moose.

Goodness, girl! That's a long to-do list! I was feeling a bit guilty about having.... four things on mine? Mom's Bluebelle, a pair of socks for the lion, my Evil Ambition sweater, and the purple cabled tunic. And the yarn for the lion's hoodie just arrived, so I'll have to somehow manage to get that started and finished before August. *sigh!* The socks are going to be the worst time-wise because they're sock weight yarn on size 1.5 needles. I keep saying I won't do socks of that variety ever again, and here I am doing them... AGAIN! Oh, well. :P Best of luck with all your projects. Can't wait to see how they turn out. :)

RaeS said...

Yeah, it's sort of been piling up since last summer. But it sounds like you've got just as much probably...

Oh, you're brave to do those socks. Like I said, I started a pair of socks that were on tiny needles and I think I only got as far as turning the first heel. And now they are lost somewhere in my stash... I'll have to work my way through it and find them eventually...

Good luck with yours as well! I'll be sure to post pictures as I finish them and I look forward to seeing pictures of yours as always. ;D