Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home!! and Mail-box Suprises...

Finally!!

It was good to get away, but it's just as good to get home. I miss my sister and niece and all my other relatives already, but home is here, so... My cats look different, and the dog has literally doubled in size in the last two weeks. I wish I were kidding. She's almost big enough to jump up on the dining table if she wanted to and she can fly over the pet gates we have to keep her contained in the kitchen if she wants to. Not good. Mom needs to get to the dog training really quick...

I received a postcard from Ilana today. She sent it from Vermont and it has a lovely picture of a covered bridge on the front. I can't wait to show it to my mom when she gets home from work. She loves covered bridges. I'm glad Ilana is enjoying her getaway.

I also got all the back-issues of MaryJanesFarm (which is an awesome, awesome magazine, btw!). I'm savoring each of them. I just came across an article about a home from troubled teenage boys that teaches the boys to crochet to help relieve anxiety and anger issues, among other behavioral and emotional problems. They make lap-quilts to donate to old folks' homes and they make and wear their own slippers. Some of the slippers have pom-poms. With deepest sincerity (in case someone might think I mean to mock), I think this is very cool and utterly delightful, and it makes me extremely happy that these boys can be helped and that they help others in turn. They make all this stuff with donated (mostly scrap) yarn and there's an address where yarn can be sent. I'm so raiding my stash for them.

If you'd like to send them some yarn as well, the address is:

Northwest Children's Home
P.O. Box 1288
Lewiston, Idaho 83501

4 comments:

La Duchesse said...

They grow like weeds, puppies do! Mine is finished growing, but when I got home I was appalled to see how huge she is.

So glad you liked your card. I have something else for you, which I'll mail tomorrow or Friday. ;)

RaeS said...

I'm so sorry I misplaced this in my inbox!! I have been so bad about that since I got home. I 've been finding things that should have been taken care of weeks ago all day!

LOL! It's funny how memory works. We have pictures of our pets in our heads and I guess when we don't see them for a while, they look a little different from how we remember them when we get back.

YAY!! Was it the second postcard that you were sending? I got that one too. They're sitting on the piano in one of those photo holder things that had like a little clip to hold the photo, except I use it for post cards.

La Duchesse said...

Nope. It was the jelly, which I'll drop in the mail sometime soon, I promise.

RaeS said...

k... take your time, no rush. I look forward to it.