Monday, August 04, 2008

Mr. Obama = Mr. Darcy? America = Miss Bennett?

Now, I don't agree with everything in this op-ed, and I think some of the suggestions are a bit ridiculous and over-reaching, and just like Lizzie, I'm not happy to be critical of my own sex, but I have to say that some women are apparently frighteningly simple and short-sighted (and yet others also give feminists a very bad name), but I found the article interesting nonetheless.

And it should go without saying that if this comparison holds true, then Obama will win the election after a wonderfully selfless and generous heroic act is discovered and McCain will be proven to be a notorious cad. LOL! Oh, I can but dream!

Maybe I'm so blown away by how die-hard some of these Hillary supporters are because I never really was one. I've always found that she's somewhat too good a politician, or perhaps not good enough because I can always see through her pandering to what she's really trying to do - get elected to the highest office she can by saying and doing whatever she thinks she needs to in order to attain that goal. Which is all well and good, but it doesn't make her the best candidate. And her not being the best candidate has nothing to do with the fact that she is female and everything to do with that I'm better convinced of Obama's sincerity and his politics are slightly closer to mine than Hillary's are. If I really had my druthers, Kucinich would be my President, but that didn't happen and apparently no one wants to discuss how the media counted him out of the race and ignored him so early on that it was ridiculous. I realize that he didn't really have a chance, being as far "left" of what most people consider the mainstream as he is, but he had interesting things to say, I think, if one bothered to stop and listen. But now, I'm all for Obama. He's our best chance, I think, and I hope the majority of voters are with him this November.

In other news: The cinnamon stopped the ants coming in through the cabinet, but there's some coming in from somewhere else and I can't find it. I think it might be behind the dishwasher somewhere, which does the cinnamon trick no good. So it looks like borax is my next step.

No comments: