Saturday, December 16, 2006

Two dishcloths... both alike in dignity...

Yes, I've read far too much Shakespeare in my life...

I had an abundance of red cotton yarn from when Michael's last had their "Dollar Days" sale. I tell you I must have bought over 30 balls of dishcloth yarn! Went nutz I did... Didn't know what to do with the red until inspiration struck! These were the results...

I made them a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to blocking them... Still not sure what I'm going to do with the finished products though... They'll probably sit in my "gift drawer" for the next several months...



The one above was knit from the center out on double-pointed needles. The pattern can be found here. I rather think it looks like a poinsettia...



This one is supposed to be a poinsettia. There are bobbles in the middle, and the rest is done in a reverse stockenette relief. You have to join the Monthly Dishcloth pattern KAL Yahoo Group to get the pattern though... This one was the Mid-November 2006 pattern. Sorry the picture looks so odd. My camera phone didn't like the light I guess...

Now, I'm obsessed with kniting round dishcloths... I don't know why I call them "dishcloths" though because they make much better hot pads for putting under hot dishes and the like... I still have some red yarn left... Enough for maybe one more... And I'll be taking patterns with me on vacation...

I leave tomorrow morning very early, so I won't be checking in here or my e-mail as regularly as usual for the next few weeks.

No comments: