These pics don't do it justice and OMG! It smells SO GOOD! If you bake, you've gotta make it! I got this recipe off an internet site a long time ago and don't remember where, and I've significantly altered it since then.
Blueberry Pie with Crumble Topping
This pie can be easily made with bought frozen pie dough (the kind without a top crust - obviously), but you should bake for 10 minutes before adding the filling. Or you may use your favorite pie dough recipe.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
4 cups of blueberries
1/2 tsp lemon zest
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
1/2 brown sugar
1 cup of flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp cinammon
6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crumble topping. Mix brown sugar, flour and cinammon in a bowl. Cut the butter into pieces and work in with your fingers until a dough comes together. Place in the freezer so that crumbling will be easier.
- Make the filling. Sift the flour and sugar together, add the blueberries, lemon juice and zest. Fold together gently until mixed.
- Pour blueberry mixture into pie crust, cut up 2 tbsp of butter and place on top. Crumble topping and cover the top of the pie more or less evenly.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool before serving.