Monday, October 02, 2006

Cafepress Store Update

I've been so upset today I haven't known what to do with myself. This tragedy (not just for the people involved, but for the entire country really, because who is to know who will be next to have their farm raided and livestock slaughtered?) in Virginia has had me in knots all day. I take things like this hard... harder than personal tragedies sometimes. I can't help it. I had a hard time eating today because I've been nauseated since I read Cynthia Henshaw's letter. And I couldn't even think of going to synagogue. Yom Kippur sermons have a tendency to make me cry when I'm not emotionally distressed, I didn't need to find out what would happen if I went in my current state. I hope I'll be able to attend the Yizkor and Final Shofar service tomorrow afternoon/evening. Fasting probably won't happen (for the first time since I turned 12) because I'm afraid I'll make myself well and truly sick if I do (risking such a thing is prohibited by religious law). This hit me hard, people, very hard. I feel like someone has died... I think it was just my faith that our government and its agencies would never *really* do something like this to US citizens, even if there was a policy in place allowing them to do so. I'm young and naive and apparently not nearly as jaded to such things as I usually think I am.

Well, I posted my thoughts on NoNAIS.org around 6 o'clock, once my brain started working and getting past the shock and horror of it. We need to spring into action and we need someone to take the helm, so to speak, to get us organized, mobilized, and able to properly fight NAIS. NoNAIS is great and all, but there's a lot of information and a lot of outrage and very little organized direction... ::sighs:: More on that another time perhaps...

After posting my thoughts though, I felt better, but was still unsettled. I tried to watch some movies, but it didn't seem to work. Although, the ridiculous levity of "Emma" seems to be bringing me slowly out of my funk so that I might be able to sleep before 3am tonight.

I've also been working on my Cafepress store, something I don't think I should be as embarrassed by as I was last week when I removed the link from this blog. It is up again in the column to the right - "Whimsicality." I've added more merch. Some of it is with my photography and some of it is Political/News oriented. But I've amused myself doing it and I've already made $5 in profit from sales of my "Lou Dobbs is my HERO!" bumpersticker. Woot! So check it out if you want to... http://www.cafepress.com/RaeSofSunshine

No comments: