Saturday, October 28, 2006

Presents...

(The bitties and Lara can't see this!!!)

I've finished the first of the presents I'm knitting for the holidays this year. I should wait til after the holidays to post these pics, but I can't help myself. I'm too excited about them.

I've finished Heather's Topi hat (although I still need to add the buttons)and Rachel's Odessa hat...

Pretty good for one week's work. The Odessa hat works up fast. I only started it on Thursday afternoon and I finished it about half an hour ago. Topi takes a little longer, but still no more than a two weekend project. Woot! I'm glad they work up fast, yet look so cute. I don't think I'll have a problem working up the other two Topis and the other two Odessas before December, even with all the school work... Now, if I can only figure out what to get/make everyone else for the holidays...

I may have already said, but if I didn't... I'm doing the Topi hats in Peaches n' Cream (which has the same gauge as the yarn that the pattern calls for) and the Odessa hats in Rowan Classics Cashsoft DK. Heather's hat will be done in Cashsoft Baby because the DK doesn't come in yellow, which the color she requested...

3 comments:

Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Hey! It's Stacey from your Latin class. I saw you left me the homework from the other day. I missed class again today so if you dont mind giving me the assignment for tonights homework i would appreciate it. I know I'm horrible for missing class. :( By the way that hat at the top is really cute. Do you seel them?
-Stacey Bedard

RaeS said...

Hey Stacy! I'm not sure if you'll read this here or not, but just in case... We have a lot of homework for tomorrow. Exercises 10.4 and 11.2, review vocab for chapter 11 and the grammar of the dative case and translate the captions on page 67.

RaeS said...

Oh, and thank you for the compliment about the hat! ;D No, I don't sell them. I don't have time to make them to sell. I made that one for my little sister, Heather, for her Christmas present... or maybe her birthday present (her b-day is Dec. 30th)... That remains to be seen. There's a link to the pattern for that hat in the blog post. It's a free pattern and the yarn only costs about $2.00, if you knit or know someone who does...

Oh and Prof. M said that the dative case would not be on the quiz tomorrow, but that the ch. 11 vocab would. Just so you know...