Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Laundry

Never have particularly enjoyed it myself... not particularly... beyond liking warm towels and socks and clean clothes. But I do like the look of laundry on the line. It's nice... I don't know why...

Reading Susan's blogpost for today made me think of this... And like everything these days, I can connect this in some way to "Supernatural." The look of "Supernatural" is all about classic Americana. That's why the boys drive a '67 Chevy, listen to classic rock, stay in crappy yet kitchy motels, and eat nowhere but in non-chain gas stations, truck stops and diners. They probably do their laundry at crappy, broke-down laundromats too, but we've never been shown that to the best of my knowledge. In episode 2 of season one, "Wendigo", they're driving along an open back country road. They pass cornfields, a man fishing off a bridge, and for a moment there's a shot of them passing white sheets billowing in the breeze on a laundry line, under a sunny, blue sky, over green grass with farm fields in the background as far as the eye can see. It was very lovely. This is the best screen cap of that I could find, but it's not very good and doesn't do it justice:



But the 2nd Metalicar video several posts below shows it as well... or at least a little better...

No comments: