Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The "ahh!" dream that wouldn't die...

I usually don't remember dreams, and even this one I can't remember in much detail, but the important bits are clear. I was excited because I got a new job at Publix, which is the greatest grocery store ever, except that it wasn't located where it actually is, it was where the local Bed, Bath & Beyond (which used to be a Winn-Dixie) is located... Anyway, it was my first day on the job, the other employees were really nice and we were having a great time bagging, and my boss, who was a non-discript very managerial looking person, told me to go ahead and do the take-backs (which I imagine grocery stores don't have very many of) so when the store closed there would be less to do before everyone could go home. So I thought, "Okay, this will be easy. I know this store like the back of my hand." Well, the cart was about half-full of stuff, including several jugs of milk. I figured those should go back first because they would spoil quickly. So I went to the dairy section of the store, but it wasn't there. I was looking all over the store for the darn milk, and I couldn't find it. And the boss was glowering at me, and I started thinking I was going to get fired and it just kept going and going and was never ending. It wouldn't die... I finally found myself awake, and I blame the whole thing on "Aqua-Teen Hungerforce" that was on my tv at the time (I usually sleep with the tv on) because I think Fry-Loc seemed to be having a similar kind of problem in that episode (not totally sure 'cause I was half-asleep still, but it seems like something they'd do). I think that's the closest I've ever gotten to that dream where you're late for something really important, like a job interview or a final exam, and then when you get there, not only are you in big trouble, you don't have any clothes on or you're in your pjs...

No comments: