Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Knitting news!

Well, Knitty's Fall issue, and 3 year anniversary, went live this evening. I haven't heard about winning anything yet, but since the winners won't be final until the Fall surprises are unveiled sometime later in the month, at least, I *might* still be in the running... There are some very cool patterns in the issue. I highly recommend checking it out (the link is to the right). Seems a lot of people are in love with cables and lace this issue... and spinning too! There's a whole bit about spinning in the articles section. And it looks like I did pretty good compared to Amy's first try. That makes me feel much better cause I was learning from written instructions and had no idea what I was doing. I'll post a picture of my first bit of hand spun singles when I get a chance. For now, here's what I've been working on this evening...
It's a skinny scarf/belt that I've made for my mom. Very trendy and Shakira, no? The fringe is 18" long, and the belt is 36" long x 2" wide. Obviously it would be no help against the weather, but it is a nice little accessory for those of us who like scarves but only get to wear them about 2 weeks a year (the joys of Florida!)... I can make them in any color of knitting ribbon from Caron's Pizzaz! line. If you would like one for yourself, $15 + shipping. Contact me through the comments if you'd like one... or 2 or 3... They make great gifts! I can add more fringe, or longer fringe and I can make the belt segment longer as well for more generous waist/hip lines. Let me know and we'll discuss... And I'm going to try to get a better close-up pic too, cause this is some ridiculous resolution...

No comments: