Thursday, September 15, 2005

O Romeo, Romeo!

I just found out through the grapevine that Francisco Bosch danced Romeo(?) in an English National Ballet production of "Romeo & Juliet" at the Royal Albert Hall in London earlier this summer (and if this rumor is correct, Andrea was right in her pronouncement that he *is* Romeo). It was an in-the-round production... which he said is quite challenging and that there's "no place to hide." In one article, which was in AMX magazine (whatever that is), it says that he has been promoted from a corp dancer to "an artist of the company." So "yay" for him! (article here: http://www.franciscobosch.com/AMXinterview.html but it's difficult to read, although there's a nice picture )

In the past, he's danced in, among other things, a reinterpretation of "Trapeze" with the English National Ballet, which he called the "highlight" of his dancing career (at the ripe old age of 22). Critics say he "smouldered" and I believe them after seeing his little dance in "Alexander"... (picture and article here: http://www.sprkfv.net/journal/three05/retrapeze.html )

Why, oh, why doesn't Tampa appreciate ballet beyond the annual run of "The Nutcracker" at Ruth Eckard Hall? ... But then, even if it did, I don't think that the English National Ballet would come here anyway... ::sighs::

Next year, he will play King Tut in "The Curse of King Tut's Tomb"... which is a movie that recently should have finished filming if IMDB is correct. Hopefully, all his lines won't get cut from this one ::glares at Warner Brother's::...

While trying to dig for confirmation ('cause I'm wondering and research for my own edification is my life), I found this posting on imdb.com's message board:

"Just watched Alexander tonight and noticed Francisco in it...how weird is this?!? About 3 years ago, I danced in English National Ballet with him - I actually have him recorded on my video tape in a red mouse costume that he had to wear for the show! He was pretty new to the company then, didn't know anything about the movie back then. I remember from the first time I saw him in the studio I fancied him, but he never noticed me. I was just a little extra kid, and the company members never really talked to the kids. But one time I was backstage with him and he had a pretend gun (as part of the costume) and he fired it at me! Ha, my heart skipped a beat for a second and I didn't know what to say, and in the end I just ended up saying "ah, you frightened me". lol, but still it's quite cool to think that I danced with him. On certain nights, he had to pick me up on stage - I always hoped that I would be performing the same night that he was and always got jealous when my friend got picked up instead! Just wanted to share that with you guys. If you think he's an amazing dancer, you guys should go check out some ballet - Francisco, as good as he is, was in the bottom ranks of the company, mainly because he was new. But check out the principals...whoa! Amazing. "

How cool is that!? ::squee!::

k... fangirl moment over...

No comments: